Nuffies Leaderboard

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

My experience at Salon One located at Sago Lane 4 in Chinatown

1) With the deal.com.sg voucher, it was indeed affordable but was it worth $206 (retail price) ? Not so much, however the retail price is just a guage so if you were to head down without the voucher, it probably wouldn't cost you more than $100 bucks depending on your hair length.


2) My hair is relatively long (below shoulder), not as thick as before but still enough to take up about 3 hours to colour, wash, treatment, cut and blow.

3) Do they hard sell? There are many options offered for a top-up but I stayed firm and didn't take on any of their offers :) Hence, I would say they don't really force you to take up but be prepared that they will ask. I did feel awkward for a bit though...haha

4) Now, the important part, the process of what you will be getting for $26 :

  • Called to ask if they had any appointment available on the day itself and managed to get one
  • Location was relatively easy to find but it's not on the main streets, it was underneath one of the blocks.
  • Was served water when I went in. 
  • Waited for a little while as they had some other clients but that's okay.
  • Asked if I can charge my phone and they were accomodating about it.
  • After viewing the colour books, I chose a light brown colour to lighten my black roots and bleached ends.
  • They did ask me if I wanted to top up to use the latest L'oreal 3D colours but I rejected.
  •  The reason for rejecting was because I was going to add on pink to my ends (on my own) to create a brown/pink ombre effect and I already have the pink dye at home. Was also tired of my bleached ends as it's really dry. 
  •  So onwards to the dyeing, they sectioned my hair in 3 parts and did the middle part first, then my roots and last but not least, the bleached ends.
  • That by itself already took quite a while as my hair is really black at the top part. 
  • Next, they washed my hair and then tried to upsell their scalp treatment which I also rejected as I just recently did a trial session elsewhere. 
  • Following that, it was the hair treatment itself which they did ask me if I wanted to use a better brand but I declined again and decided to use what they included in the deal.
  • Treatment was applied to the bottom half of my hair and left to steam for about 15 to 20 minutes.
  • After washing the treatment off, it was time for the hair cut which was more like a trim as I just wanted to layer but keep my length for the pink ends.
  • After layering, they put a protein serum on my ends and proceeded to blow dry it straight. 
  • I supposed their last attempt to upsell was to ask if I wanted to purchase the protein serum so as to keep my hair smooth but was also declined as honestly, I have bought hair care products before but they just end up in a dusty corner all the time.
  •  Finally, my hair was done and I left after thanking them. 

So, finally, the conclusion.

Was it worth $26? Yes, because they really did do a proper job and it isn't their fault that my hair was too dark at the top/middle to absorb much of the colour. If you have pre-bleached hair, definitely do go and try, otherwise, you may want to top up to the 3D L'oreal colour which would probably have better results in terms of the vibrancy of the colour.

Their rebonding is at $88 which isn't too bad either.

I still feel that my hair is too dark so I would probably do some bleaching before CNY comes to make my hair colour a little more obvious xD

Amidst all the horror deal stories, I think my first experience using a hair deal voucher wasn't that bad after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment